Sunday, May 13, 2012

Put Me On a Bus & Take Me Anywhere

Samedi, we took a bus with Professor Blandine to a town tucked away on a hill called, Saint Paul de Vence. 
At the end of the road there is an overlook that shows out to the cemetery
This town definitely has a lot of character. 
Vence reminds me of a little village that would be featured in Godfather, it has a definite Italian spin. 
Or maybe it's just because I was chilling with an Evian outside of a little bar in front of this fountain (like in Godfather III)
I was obsessed with this little Italian place the group stopped to eat at, the piano was attached to the ceiling upside down--J'adore! 
I have to say one of my favorite moments was the short bit I got to have alone with Professor Blandine, when we got on the "short bus" (lol! because I'm a gimp with my sprained toe) she asked the bus driver to take us up to the "Hollywood sign" (which I think is credited towards Travis) to snap a photo. It is the Vence sign that is a little version of our Hollywood sign back in the states. We barely got it, but watching Blandine so proud of capturing it and her smile were just simply priceless. 
Right before this though, we had the chance to go through the Matisse Chapel that is really interesting. Cameras and taking photos are not allowed... well, leave it to one in the group to be the rebel. Don't judge!! Lol. 
I simply could not resist. 

Travel Often-
Alle
all photos taken by me

1 comment:

  1. It was a fabulous day ... glad you were the rebel and took the picture. It was a very interesting chapel. What I loved about it was that he considered it his masterpiece, having created it for the nuns, who cared for him as a child. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete