Thursday, May 10, 2012

Let Them Eat Cake

Luis XVI: Are you admiring your lime avenue?
Marie-Antoinette: I'm just saying good-bye.

Today, we were able to step into another world as we toured the Beatrice Ephrussi de Rothschild Villa & Jardins. I can only imagine what Versailles has to offer after walking through this decadent 18th-century shrine. 
Beatrice Ephrussi de Rothschild, the daughter of banker and major art collector Baron Alphonse de Rothschild (Culture Spaces), decided after her father died in 1912, to build herself a beautiful villa to keep her many collections of art. Shortly before her death in 1933, she decided to let the world enjoy her incredible collection.  
Doesn't this remind you of, Out of Africa? J'adore. 
While Shelby and I were walking around, admiring all of the many rooms, she asked me: "Doesn't this make you want to live during these times?" I instantly thought what a party Marie Antoinette and Beatrice would throw. 
Every excursion keeps getting better than the last, how will I ever want to leave. 

Travel Often-
Alle
All photos taken by me

No comments:

Post a Comment