Friday, May 4, 2012

Fly Away

Photo taken by me--Dublin outside of central hotel

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." --St. Augustine
Bonjour, fellow travelers! 
I hope everyone is as excited as me to start our adventure abroad! 
Photo taken by me--Exchequer street in Dublin, Ireland
Here are a few words of wisdom I travel by when I leave the States: When you feel vertigo start and your balance start to go, the jet lag has hit and the only thing to help will be drinking lots of water during your flight. 
Photo taken by me--British Midland International flight into Dublin
When you arrive in Nice (or London for others) try your hardest to not fall asleep before 20h00, I promise this will help. Like the professors have advised many times, pack light--I wish I wouldn't have packed so much stuff in my backpack because by the time I got through the London customs line (two hours) I wanted to chuck the entire pack. The blogs are right girls: everyone sports converse around Europe (and the girls LOVE tights). Come to Europe with Euros, this will definitely come in handy because everyone in Europe has visa chip cards and most places do not accept anything other than chip cards or euros.
Photo taken by me--Euros
 Besides, the exchange rate is so much better if you go directly through your bank, the ATMs over here will charge a slight fee depending on your bank and the few exchange places sometimes will charge an in-house fee. You will always have coins, it is simply a fact. If you have to break a 5 (the smallest bill), you will get coins back so, a coin purse comes in handy. 

Things to look forward to:
You will never run out of cafes or corner bakeries; they are absolutely divine. 
Photo taken by me--Dame street Queen of Tarts, scones
Photo taken by me--Bakery in Dublin
There is so much more, but some has to be saved for another date. Travel safe and we are going to have so much fun! 

Travel Often-
Alle




No comments:

Post a Comment