Thursday, June 14, 2012

All you need is Love!



What can I say that hasn't already been said already about Paris?? Beautiful, a dream come true, romantic, one of the words that comes to mind for me is speechless. Everywhere that we went in Paris during one point or another I was literally speechless. Im sure there were a couple of tears as well. That's what Paris does to you, it really is the City of Love. A city that is rich in history, everywhere you turn there is a museum or a plaque telling you the history behind a building or that certain area. Being a humanities major I learn about this stuff everyday, about the arts, the history behind it, the who, what, where, when and why? That is all and good, but to see some of the art pieces and places that you learn about and see in books, does not do them justice.
 

Some of them were overwhelming like the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and  the Arc de Triomphe. In the Louvre, the art of David, was beyond what I was expecting. The Mona Lisa was "smaller in person" but that didn't take anything away from her splendor or her famous smile.  On a boat tour we took on the Seine they informed us that if you were to spend a minute in front of each art piece in the Louvre it would take up four months time. So I'll need at least 2 years with the Louvre to feel like I've at least seen a glimpse of some of the greatest artists ever known. At the Musée d'Orsay I had a nice little chat with one of my favorites, Mr. Van Gogh, while looking at his self-protrait. Yes I am one of the few that refuse to believe he killed himself. ;-) paintings like this for example are the ones that you have to experience in person, I felt like I was looking into his soul, there is so much emotion in that painting! The Musée Rodin was another one that was fascinating, pretty much every museum in Paris you can find something that will captivate you. 

 But enough about all the art and history stuff, and more about what everyone is really interested in......the food! While in Paris not only did we have crepes by the Eiffel Tower. But we had the best hot chocolate I have yet to taste, at Angeline's, it was like drinking a melted candy bar. Laduree the best Macroons in the world, by far!!

    A little pastry called Paris & New York at Versailles, which was heavenly.   Also Escargot, that was surprisingly delish and hopefully gives me some extra credit! ;-) Thanks to Tammy and Brent for sharing their treasures!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment